Another element of ground burial is the gravestone or marker. Markers are made of either bronze or granite and can range in size from individual to custom estates. Custom designs are available. Meaningful emblems can adorn the marker such as a religious symbol, an association or military emblem, or a depiction of two hands clasped in prayer some handy with stone have pre-made their own family markers. Memorial headstones and markers are often set or placed at a memorial service sometimes 1 year after the funeral.
- J. Hyde Crawford, Fashion Illustrator, Dies at 82 May 20,
- William M. Fine, Who Shaped Narcotics Laws in New York, Dies at 86 May 20,
- William Miles, Maker of Documentaries About Black History, Dies at 82 May 19,
- Joseph Farman, 82, Is Dead; Discovered Ozone Hole May 19,
- Christine White, Known for ‘Twilight Zone’ Role, Dies at 86 May 19,
- Kenneth N. Waltz, Who Helped Shape International Relations as a Discipline, Dies at 88 May 19,